You’ve taken a big step and decided to join the ranks of the many entrepreneurs who want to know What is Affiliate Marketing and how to make money online?
Affiliate marketing is form of online marketing, developed in the late 1990’s, in which people market other companies products and services on their blog or website, and the affiliate is paid a commission when a person clicks the link and buys the product.
This article will also discuss what is the best affiliate marketing training course to learn step-by-step with video instruction how to master affiliate marketing to make your fist dollar online.
How an Affiliate Gets Paid:
- a person clicks a link on a banner on your site and buys a product.
- a person clicks a link in an article you have written and posted on your blog, and buys the product being promoted.
- a person clicks a link in the email you send out and buys the product.
With AffiloBlueprint, you will learn what each of these methods are, how to implement them, and how to get people to your blog to click one of these links, and hopefully buy a product, which will make you a commission.
While Mark can’t guarantee you will make money online, he has used these methods successfully, and many of his students have made their first dollar online when other programs failed.
As an affiliate, you are not an employee of the company whose products you are promoting, but rather an independent agent simply representing or marketing the company and it’s products or services to the public.
Most affiliates market many different products via a blog or by growing an email list and sending offers to that list, and encouraging them to buy the product you are marketing.
When the person comes to your blog and clicks a banner ad or clicks a link in your article, or they open your email and click a link, they are sent to the website of the product you are promoting. If they buy the product, you get paid a commission.
The key to being a good affiliate marketer and making money online is not just to post lots of articles with links and banners, but rather to fill the need your readers have, or more importantly, to solve a problem they have. You will learn methods to address problems that your readers have.
You can also be an affiliate for a company that is not selling a product up front, but rather the company wants the email addresses of prospective customers, like an insurance company that is offering free quotes in exchange for an email address. You are paid a commission every time a person fills out and submits a form.
Best Affiliate Marketing Training Course
I have seen many good and bad affiliate marketing training courses over the last six years that I have been in affiliate marketing. AffiloBlueprint from industry veteran Mark Ling, is the best overall training course I have found.
I only recommend affiliate marketing training courses from respected industry veterans, who have a track record of creating best-in-class affiliate marketing training courses, and ones that are updated as trends in the industry shift.
AffiloBlueprint from Affilorama meets those high standards. Mark has been making money online since affiliate marketing first began in 1998.
AffiloBlurprint includes everything a new affiliate marketer needs:
- Step by Step video training program that takes through every step to get your affiliate marketing business up and running.
- Written transcript of each video lesson.
- Instructions on how to choose a niche for your affiliate marketing business.
- Instructions on how to choose a URL for your blog.
- A complete AffiloBlueprint WP theme ready to be uploaded and customized for your WordPress blog.
- Instructions on how to customize your blog theme.
- AffiloBlueprint theme is updated on a regular basis at no extra cost, so your blog meets all current WordPress functional and security updates.
- Web hosting service for your blog and URL, if you don’t already have one.
Choosing a Niche
A good affiliate marketer doesn’t sell unrelated products on their blog, such as cell phones, cooking equipment and dog training videos. They focus on one category of product, called a niche. To get your website or blog and your content ranked highly in the search engines, your blog should be focused on one niche.
This will help people who come to your blog understand what the focus is of your blog. If you blog is focused on one niche, they are more likely to read your content if they perceive you as knowledgeable or an expert in your field, and your content is more likely to be ranked higher in the search engines, if they see your blog has high quality content that adds value to the reader, rather than being a mishmash of unrelated articles.
Pick a Name for Your Blog
Your blog name and URL should be related to your niche. This will help the search engines rank your blog and content faster and higher in the SERPs (Search engine results page).
Marketing Physical Products vs Digital Products
For new affiliates, selling physical products can be easier to make your first dollar online than selling digital products, although digital products often pay a higher commission.
Amazon.com is a good example. You can create a link on your blog for a 24 inch adult Schwinn bicycle, but the reader buys a red tricycle for a child instead. Even though you sent them to the site for an adult bike, as long as your reader reaches Amazon.com through your link, you will get a commission on whatever they buy, even if they buy a cookware set and not a bike.
This is unlike digital products, since the link usually sends the reader a product-specific landing page, and if the reader doesn’t buy the product, you don’t get paid.
Affiloblueprint shows you how to promote and market physical and digital products on your blog.
Key Affiliate Marketing Terms to Know:
- Affiliate marketing: a form of online marketing, in which you make money by marketing products on your blog, and getting paid a commission when someone buys the product.
- Affiliate: an individual who signs up with a network to market other companies products on their blog, and paid a commission when a product is sold.
- Affiliate marketing network: a marketplace where companies offer their products to affiliates to promote on their behalf.
- Affiliate manager: A person who works for the company or network, and they help affiliates promote products and make commissions.
- EPC: Earnings per click.
- Landing page: a webpage that encourages people to buy the product or enter an email address.